About the role
Due to continuous success, a Durham-based organisation are looking to recruit a Payroll Assistant to work within their Finance department on an initial 12 month fixed-term contract. This position has the opportunity to be made permanent once the initial contract has ended.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This position provides an opportunity for flexible working, with the opportunity to work 2 days in the office and 3 days at home.
If you are proactive, detail-oriented and interested in Finance, then this is the perfect role for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Payroll team with manual payroll calculations
- Answering queries from a variety of stakeholders
- Assisting the Payroll team throughout the payroll process
You will be working within an experienced Accounts department, providing you with the opportunity to develop your existing accounting abilities in a new setting. The culture of this firm emphasises support and development. You will be joining a team of various backgrounds and ages.
Your skills will be centered around the ability to prioritise your workload, attention to detail, strong numeracy skills, professionalism and most importantly, teamwork.
What’s in it for you:
- A salary ranging between £21,500 to £23,000
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- The Christmas period off with no effect on your holiday allowance
- An excellent pension scheme
- A flexible working life, with a balance of two days in the office and three at home.
We’re looking for people who are keen to propel their career in Finance, using their own initiative and drive.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, click ‘Apply Now’ and a member of our team will be in touch.