About the role
We are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s largest Police Forces to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their finance department.
Based in Newcastle, this role involves agile working, flexible working hours, and opportunities for flexi-time.
As well as flexible working, there are lots more benefits:
- Flexible agile working patterns – potential for fully remote working
- Generous holiday entitlements plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounts on shopping and eating out
- Extensive paid sick leave
As a qualified Accountant, you will support the planning and management of the force's strategic financial plans. It’ll be a fast-paced role, where you’ll prep, monitor and close the annual capital and revenue budgets.
This role offers you the chance to deliver financial support and advice to a multi-force regional collaboration, accounting for joint operation arrangements as well as supporting the central finance function.
Your key duties will include:
- Supporting the timely and accurate preparation, monitoring and closure of the annual capital and revenue budget.
- Providing a high standard of financial information to budget holders and providing support and advice on budget management to senior management.
- Liaising with Heads of Department and reporting to Chief Officers as appropriate in order to support financial decision-making by senior management.
- Manage the welfare, recruitment, appraisal, development and discipline of staff within the finance department, ensuring that learning and development needs are identified, delivered and supported.
- Providing financial advice to force management on all financial matters in order to support management decision-making.
- Professional Finance Qualification (AAT or above).
- Experience working as part of a systems technical team (finance / HR).
- Ability to plan effectively and manage tasks.
- Demonstrable experience using technical systems.
- Able to utilise a range of methods to communicate effectively across a wide range of customers and stakeholders.
If you’re interested in this role, click “Apply Now” and a member of our team will be in touch.